Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain

 Virat Kohli on Thursday announced that he will step down as India’s T20I captain after the conclusion of the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup 2021. Kohli, who has played 90 T20Is for India, has captained in 45 of those matches and won 27 of them.

Virat Kohli said he took the decision after consulting head coach Ravi Shastri and his teammates, including Rohit Sharma. Kohli added that he conveyed the call to Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Sourav Ganguly and secretary Jay Shah.

On the other hand, Rohit, 34, has led India 10 times in ODIs and led them to victories on eight occasions while losing twice. In T20Is, he has captained them 19 times of which they have won 15 and lost four.  

Virat Kohli said “I have been fortunate enough to not only represent India but also lead the Indian Cricket Team to my utmost capability. I thank everyone who has supported me in my journey as the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team."

“I couldn't have done it without them - the boys, the support staff, the selection committee, my coaches and each and every Indian who prayed for us to win," he added. 

Kohli said he feels he needs to give himself a break after considering that over the last 8-9 years, he has been playing all three formats and captaining regularly for the last five to six years.

Here's the video:-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Cash Prizes Won by Neeraj Chopra after his win in Tokyo Olympics 2021

Big Statement from Kuldeep Yadav for KKR team management

Sudharsan, The Youngster Debutant